My wife has been rather stressed. Honestly, I probably have a lot to do with it. So, today I created a list of rules to give mom a day off from being mom. I printed them and hung them around the house for all to see.
I'll let you know how it works.
MOM'S DAY OFF
- You cannot use the word "Mom". Today you may call her "Miss Kristie" or "Mrs. Tweed".
- She cannot fix you food. Learn to get yourself a snack or starve. As a matter of fact, you should bring a snack for Mom too.
- If you need anything, ask Dad.
- We will be doing all of Mommy's chores. We will clean. We will take care of the pets.
- The only reason you can't interrupt mommy is to give her a hug, or if there is a fire. It better be a big fire, or a big hug.
- The house will be quiet. Loud children will have duct tape placed on their lips.
- No visitors.
- Answer the phone, answer the door, be polite and take a message.
- Mom gets the TV remote.
- If Mom's door is closed, do not knock. Do not enter.
- If any instructions above are unclear, talk to Max. He has all of your answers.
- When Mom returns from her day off, the house will be in better shape than she left it.
Before any of you call children and youth services, I don't actually beat my kids and seldom duct tape them. It's meant to be funny.