Top 10 Reasons Why Groundhog Day Is the Best HolidayGroundhog Day is underrated!
Earlier this morning Punxsutawney Phil predicted in early spring. Way to go, Phil!
"And so ye faithful,
there is no shadow to see
An early Spring for you and me."
Lots of people could care less, however, I think Groundhog Day is one of the best holidays all year, here's why.
- I don't have to buy anything for my kids.
- We don't spend all day cooking then all evening digesting.
- I don't have to buy a card, although, I probably could find a few if I know Hallmark.
- Groundhogs are cute in pictures, but not cute enough that my kids want to have one as a pet.
- My in-laws are not expecting me for dinner, although, I might call to see what they're having.
- Very few additional turkeys will be put to death.
- Heavy alcohol consumption is not required, but is optional.
- Very little drama on Facebook comparatively.
- The only holiday movie ever made about Groundhog Day was actually pretty damn funny.
- Punxsutawney Phil's reality show is better than anything produced by Kardashians.
Happy Groundhog Day!